Saturday, March 5, 2011

Seria neagra - printesa gheturilor (The Ice Princess)

I loved Camilla Lackberg's book The Ice Princess
I've read it in a couple of days, on the train and staying at my parents-in-law, it is a blast of a book, totally devoured it.
I will buy the following 6 books of the series (only the second it’s already been translated into Romanian, but I will wait with patience) and I will hope that they are as entertaining as The Ice  Princess.  It is not a literature masterpiece, but a lovely book keeping you in one place for longer and longer that you thought possible. If you like Stig Larsson you like these books. A murder, two murders, family secrets well kept, a nice little town in Sweden, a struggling write , a hard working policeman, a love story. Erica and Patrik discover each other in a romantic manner and I liked their love story as much as I liked the discovery of the murderer.  Camilla Lackberg has a simple, clean strategy of describing each character, in a few lines the reader learns everything that is relevant.  You get hints here and there and the story unfolds in front of your eyes.  The books has funny bits (Patrik’s boss in his megalomania was , to me, funny as Hell, and old man and his nagging wife and his solution to his „situation” J ) , macabre parts (the discovery of the bodies) and frightful episodes (Anna being brutally beaten by her husband).  The book ends giving answers to all the questions and I was happy to see that this is the first in a series.  Looking forward to reading The Preacher.  I don’t know if Erica and Patrik are characters in the next book, but I would love them to be. I only know that all of them are set in the same little town of Fjällbacka. Kinda like St. Mary Mead, but without Miss Marple.

2 comments:

  1. great book indeed! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the meanwhile I've read 5 of 7 from the series,good books too. I"m looking forward to reading "The Drowning", the English translation is set to be released on March.

    ReplyDelete