Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chunkster 2011 - finishline

 
Yes, I did it! Kinda list minute, kinda last 100 meters, but I think I did it. Last year I joined this challenge on January 15th, the first post is here.Some things changed on the way, I didn't read the book I thought I was going to read (Gone with the Wind, Shantaram or Fall of Giants - I still have them on my TBR) - but I ended up reading 6 beautiful books, different and amazing, finishing the Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big? level
Small reviews here:  
1. Anna Karenina (Adevarul - 960 pagini)
2. Cartea soaptelor by Varujan Vosganian (Polirom 528 pagini) trad The Book of Whispers
3. Casa de lut  - 3 volume - The Good Earth 438p, Sons 560p, A House Divided 393p - 1391p
4. Alegerea Sofiei - Editura ART - 712 pagini
5. Sa ucizi o pasare cantatoare - 493 pagini
6. Cioplitorul in piatra - 597 pagini 
Everything was so last minute because I neglected to write a few lines about the book once I finished it - Note to self - Don't do that again !
Looking forward to this year's challenge! I've already joined and I'm already down one book.


LE (Feb 1st) And a different wrap, here are two photos from late last night - small tower of the books I've read for this challenge and Nichi, my cat - being very interested in the books' smell, some of them are bought from a second hand shop, maybe that's why she's so into smelling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment